Accelerate Your Influence and Impact on April 22nd at the 2014 Invent Your Future Silicon Valley Conference
Reignite your career with success tips from internationally-acclaimed authors and business experts
SAN CARLOS, Calif., April 7, 2014 – Invest in yourself and enjoy a transformational day of inspiration and learning on Tuesday, April 22nd at the 8th annual Invent Your Future Silicon Valley Conference (#IYFSV14), Northern California’s premier women’s professional development and leadership event. The event takes place at the Santa Clara Convention Center from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The stellar line-up of keynote speakers, breakout sessions, “Share the Wisdom” roundtables and non-stop networking opportunities will catalyze your career and business growth by addressing topics such as leadership, communications and work/life balance. Hear experts, such as Alison Levine, Team Captain of the First American Women’s Everest Expedition and author, On the Edge: The Art of High-Impact Leadership; Huffington Post contributor Tara Mohr, author, Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message; and Denise Brosseau, CEO, Thought Leadership Lab and author, Ready to Be a Thought Leader?.
- “Gender Equality: State of the Valley and Beyond” panel hosted by Stanford Fellow and columnist for The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal Accelerators, and Forbes, Vivek Wadhwa, with influential and inspiring leaders in Silicon Valley — and across the globe — including Fereshteh Forough and Roya Mahboob, founding partners, Afghan Citadel Software Company, examining the latest trends and developments that affect women’s careers worldwide;
- “Tech Women on Fire: Ignite Your Technical Career” – Michelle Quinn, business columnist at the San Jose Mercury News, and panelists such as Cindy Warner, managing partner, Cloud Strategy and Solutions, IBM, and Poornima Vijayashanker, founder, Femgineer, will discuss how women are not only opening more doors in the tech industry, but getting ahead, negotiating raises, finding more opportunities and changing work cultures;
- “The Dolphin Tank” – Women entrepreneurs will present dazzling elevator pitches for instant feedback and encouragement from our panel of strategy, venture capital and marketing experts, including: Amy Millman, CEO, Springboard Enterprises, an organization dedicated to facilitating women entrepreneurs’ access to the equity markets; Trish Costello, CEO, Portfolia, an organization that creates social networks of engaged investors around entrepreneurial companies; and Denise Brosseau, a 15 year veteran in women’s leadership who founded and served as the first CEO of the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs (now Watermark). Apply to participate at www.bit.ly/dolphintank;
- What Works for Women at Work with Joan Williams, Ph.D., professor, UC Hastings College of the Law, and author, What Works for Women at Work;
- In the Spotlight: Creating a Powerful First Impression with Sydnie Kohara, media strategist and former CBS and CNBC News anchor;
- Ignite Your Career by Creating a Powerful Body of Work in 2014 with Pamela Slim, speaker; business strategist and author, Body of Work.
Plus “Share the Wisdom” Roundtables for great learning and networking on such topics as:
- LinkedIn Profiles, Build Your Brand with Twitter, Workplace Wellness, Crowdfunding, Entrepreneurship, Blogging, Thought Leadership and more
For group discounts and partnership opportunities, contact Ruth Stergiou at 650-592-9227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 attendees came from such companies as: Abbott Vascular, Advanced Micro Devices, Brocade, Cisco, College Track, Covidien, eBay, EMC, Ernst & Young, First Tech Federal Credit Union, Google, HGST, HP, Indiegogo, Intel, LinkedIn, Mission College, NetApp, Northrop Grumman, Oracle, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Rambus, Stratford Schools, Silicon Valley Business Journal.
About Invent Your Future
Invent Your Future Enterprises is a professional development company that specializes in the retention, development and acceleration of women in corporations and as business owners. Visit www.inventyourfuture.com.
# # #
Media: Please contact us by email