Thanks to everyone who attended and supported the inaugural 2012 Midwest Invent Your Future Conference for Women! From the inspiring speakers to the synergistic networking, the attendees walked away with new insights and relationships to help them grow their business or advance their career. Looking for information on our 2013 conference? Click here for details.
June 19, 2012
Betsy is author of Take the Lead and is former Executive Director of the Center for Public Leadership at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. She is one of the founders and former Director of the White House Office for Women during the Clinton Administration, and former COO of Barack Obama’s presidential campaign.
Charlotte is author of I’d Rather Be In Charge and highly regarded as a CEO, Chairwoman, Undersecretary of State and Teacher. Read a recent interview of Charlotte in the New York Times where she discusses the importance of self-assessment. “The best scorecard is the one you keep for yourself.”
The conference also featured:
- Selena Rezvani, co-president of Women’s Roadmap (TM) and author, PUSHBACK: How Smart Women Ask—and Stand Up—for What They Want and The Next Generation of Women Leaders: What You Need to Lead but Won’t Learn in Business School
- Laura Vanderkam, author, All the Money in the World – What the Happiest People in the World Know about Getting and Spending and 168 Hours – You Have More Time Than You Think
- Caroline Dowd-Higgins, Director of Career and Professional Development, Indiana University Maurer School of Law; author,This is Not the Career I Ordered
- Staci Lyons, Vice President, Global Business Development, Oracle Cloud Services
- Sam Horn, The Intrigue Expert; Author, POP! and Tongue Fu!
- Mary LoVerde, Life Balance Expert; Author, I Used to Have a Handle on Life But It Broke
We are grateful for the assistance from our community partners and the advisory council.
Co-Chairs, Midwest Invent Your Future Conference